There are generally two main options when faced with the choice of water for your home, or place or business. These are the water gallons(also known as botted water), and filtered water. Well, which of these option is the better choice? We will proceed by defining each each option.
Gallon waters are containers filled with purified water which is dispensed through a water cooler. Water Filter in this scenario will refer to a plumbed in, static unit that purifies and colds your regular tap water. The water filter will absorb the contaminants, smells, foul tastes, and other toxic substances that may be found in the flowing water.
Water gallons and filter systems will provide you with similar results, but there are clear and distinct differences in the way these goals are acheived. To know which option is more suitable for you, you need to examine these differences. Let us consider the individual benefits of these two.
Here are some of the specific advantages of water gallons:
- It does not require any installation process. Simply plugin and begin to use.
- It has a great flexibility of location. In other words, it can be used anywhere as long as power is available. It can also be easily moved around.
- With the water gallon, tap water quality is not an essential factor.
- Water is usually tested before, during, and even after the bottling process.
- It is relatively cost effective for low and moderate usage.
- It is also a great option to have especially during emergencies such as when water lines are usable.
- It does not require any heavy lifting.
- There is no need for more storage area for bottles.
- It never runs out, and there is a constant flow of water.
- It is also very cost effective for high consumption and usage.
- This is the most sustainable option for purified drinking water.
Based on the above comparisons, it is easy to see that water gallons are more preferable in home or small business places where there is low to moderate water consumption. However, this does not in anyway prejudices the effectiveness of water filters for these conditions as well. As a matter of fact, the most ideal solution would be a usage of both water sources. In this case, having an under sink water filter system together with water gallons in a home or small business place would provide absolute coverage for water needs. On the flip side, water filter system is also a perfect choice for even larger businesses with a high consumption ratio. As a business manager, you certainly don’t want to keep worrying about storing, rotating, or maintaining water gallons. Of course, as said above, this does not mean that water gallons will be completely useless in this setting. There is nothing as good as having both water solutions covering every bases, and providing complimentary advantages in the case of emergencies and outages.